- 1 lb AAA Gigantes
- 3-4 medium size Onions
- 12 oz Contadina Tomato Paste
- 1/2 bunch Flat Parsley
- 1/2 Bunch Dill
- 3-4 Large Carrots
- Salt, Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Alepo Pepper Flakes
Cooking the beans is a multi stage process.
- Soak the beans over night in cool water.
- Boil the beans until they feel soft to touch. Approximately one hour.
- Strain the beans and rinse them to cool them off.
- Chop onions and sautee them in a stock pot until they turn golden.
- Peel and chop carrots add them to the pot with the onions
- Add Beans to the pot and keep stiring untill all the contents look as they are covered with olive oil
- Chop 1/2 of bunch of parley
- Dilute the tomato paste into 2 quarts of warm water and add to the pot.
- Cover Pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 45 minutes, until carrots and beans are soft.
Once the beans are soft they will look Giagantic. (Thus the name)Now you have to finish them by baking them.Add choped dill ( about half a bunch)Dump the contents from the pot to a pan and place them in a pre-heated oven (400 F) uncovered for about 45 minutes.Remove from the oven and let them come to room temperature.Serve and enjoy